Minimal Risk requires an individual with UK Government Developed Vetting (DV) Security Clearance (SC will be considered for enhancement) to join an already established teams in British Embassies various in locations around the world.
The generic responsibilities are as follows but not limited to:
- Prevent unauthorised access to certain parts of the building at each location out of office hours.
- Protect the property and assets.
- Prevent unauthorised removal of official and/or personal property from Post.
- Respond to emergencies out of hours; e.g. fire, flood or intrusion into any building and compounds and request as necessary.
- Detect and report sightings of suspicious activities, objects or persons out of hours.
- Act responsibly towards official personnel and visitors (both authorised and unauthorised) with due regard to their human rights, local and international law.
- Maintain and utilise the access control systems applicable to the post concerned.
- Adhere to Post Security Regulations.
- Ensure that when required the correct areas/buildings are locked and secured.
- Enforce entry/exit control to buildings by checking and confirming as necessary personal identification and only permitting access to personnel (after searching and removal of prohibited items) with the necessary authorisation to visits outside of normal working hours.
- Conduct regular patrols and searches around designated areas of Post as agreed with the local Security Authority.
- Undertake reasonable and appropriate additional measures required by the Overseas Security Manager.
- Monitor alarm systems, CCTV and any other security systems and investigate and report suspicious activities, objects or persons out of normal office hours.
- Supervise non-vetted external contractors' staff when necessary (e.g. cleaners, painters, maintenance workers) in the designated areas of the buildings, out of hours.
- Be on standby whilst at Post to provide additional security and back up as required.
- The right person will be reliable, responsible and be able to demonstrate effective judgement.
- Must have very good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work as part of a small team.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
Terms and Conditions:
Flights will be provided at Economy class
Accommodation will be provided close to the Embassy
Annual salary £28,500 paid monthly.
Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) provided on a daily rate whilst in country (£15 per day)
Transport Costs - £60 per month (pro rata)
Three months Annual Leave (paid)
Security Clearances will be confirmed before any deployment is made. Copies of official Clearance Certificates/letters will be required prior to any interview taking place and will be asked for.
Interviews will be with Minimal Risk Recruitment Team. Successful candidates will be contacted directly.